Faucet Repairs and Replacements
Most water leaks occur at a faucet, and can be anything from an annoying drip to flooding. You'll obviously want to get that flooding taken care of, but don't neglect small leaks either.
A single drop once a second will waste some 1,000 gallons of water over a year. Multiply that by millions of homes and you can see that the problem goes way beyond an annoying sound that sometimes keeps you awake at night. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) estimates that a single dripping faucet can add 10% to your water bill.
At Super Rooter we're experts at faucet repair and installation. We'll go straight to the real problem and get it taken care of promptly. We charge by the job, not by the hour and give you up-front pricing. We're a full-service family-owned plumbing company and want to have you as a lifelong client. You'll love our personal service and track-record for always treating our customers fairly.
We provide 24/7 faucet repair and faucet replacement services to all Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, Rancho Mirage, Bermuda Dunes, Cathedral City, Indian Wells and Indio, California. So give us a call today.
Types of Faucets
- Besides the huge variety of styles and finishes, faucets can be three-hole (center-set), single-hole, or wall mounted. The spout can be fixed (as in most bathroom sinks) or swivel (as in most kitchen sinks). When it comes to repairing water leaks, there are four basic faucet mechanisms.
- Compression units are the old-style two-handle (one valve for hot water, one for cold) still common in bathroom and laundry room sinks. These are usually very straightforward to repair, typically involving replacing a washer and a valve-stem o-ring, and sometimes re-grinding the valve seat.
- Cartridge units have a single adjustment handle that controls both temperature and water flow. They're called this because the mechanisms are put together in a single replaceable cartridge.
- Disk units use a ceramic disk as a seal. It's a high-quality design solution, but the disk is easily damaged during repairs.
- Ball units are especially common at kitchen sinks, where their single handle and swiveling spout are particularly convenient. But unlike cartridge designs, repairs involve numerous o-rings, springs, valve seats, and washers so that re-assembly can be very tricky and error-prone. Once they're opened up it's usually best to replace all the parts that are subject to wear.
Have a leaking faucet? Our well-trained and experienced local plumbers are experts at faucet repair for all types of mechanisms, with no damage to their finish or surrounding counter-tops and sinks. We're ready for everything from laundry room sinks to the most stylish and elegant of kitchen fixtures.
On occasions it's time for a faucet replacement. There could be un-repairable cracks in the body, a compression design could have a badly worn seat, and the three washerless designs may have excessive corrosion or lime build-up, or other problems. Or it may just be time for a fresh new look.
Our highly-professional plumbers are well-prepared for any sort of faucet replacement and know exactly what to do extra little complications such as dishwasher, ice maker, and water-purifier tie-ins. We'll be glad to help you choose a new faucet that's perfect for your needs and preferences.